Vita Radio takes respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care very seriously. We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you now and in the future. We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data:
- when you send it to us;
- when we process it to provide you with the services you want;
- where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you will find interesting; and
- thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.
We will ensure we abide by the requirements of the Information Commissioner’s Office, the regulator of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, which came into force on the 25th May 2018.
This site and our App are owned and operated by Vita Radio, First Floor, Royal Middlehaven House, Gosford Street, Middlesbrough. TS2 1BB
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating System
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on This site or our App, and the site you exit to
- Geographic Location
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account
- Providing and managing your access to this site or our App
- Replying to emails from you
- Analysing your use of this site or our App to enable us to continually improve the site or our App and your user experience
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, and/or post with information, news and offers. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through this site or our App.
Do We Share Your Data?
- We may share personal information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be provided with personal information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
- Only where you have agreed to receive marketing communications from third parties, will we pass on your personal information for this purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information when you enter a competition (for example to the competition sponsors or to provide winners with their prize). Where this happens, we will ensure that this is only used by them to contact you for purposes to which you have given prior consent.
- We will always ask for your consent before we publish any material provided by you or information about you.
- We may also disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies or government bodies.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data via this site or our App, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you control over our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”) or the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of this site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on this site or our App you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details using the contact details below.
Our Mailing List
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access this site or our App more efficiently including login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult guidance provided by the browser provider if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.